Monday, June 13, 2011

'Super 8" ... Neg. I'd Give It A Super 4, At Best



This is the weekend's No. 1 boxoffice draw. Was anxious to see it. Set my expectorations too high, what with Speilbert's name attached and whatnot. Easy entertainment. I probably wanted "ET" or "JAWS" or "Close Encounters" so my bad.

You don't get to see the 'monster' for a long time, same as in 'Jurassic Park' and "JAWS" and all, but once you do, sort of a letdown. At least for me.

Wish I'd just seen it on HBO. And the main boy and the little girl were very good, my opinion. And it was not awful by any stretch. On a scale of 1 to 8, I'd give it a Super 4.

BUT, did see good previews. Me and mine aim to go see the Apes movie, the war movie ("Captain America"!), and I think some other movie but i can't think of it right now. Maybe Green Lantern too.

-30-