Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Four-day vacay

Troops,

I am out of the loop for a couple of days, vacationing in beautiful Broadmoor. Nice work if you can get it. I feel like a friend of mine who skipped work last month and called to tell me it was because he had "anal glaucoma -- I just can't see my butt going to work today."

In the meanwhile, Ernest T. is our most recent contest winner (see previous post and comments). While his wasn't the only correct answer, it was prompt, thorough, and he vowed to throw a rock through my window if he didn't win soon. So congrats to him and if he sends me an address I will mail him his prize, which won't be money even though I am fully aware that he's saving up for a new gold tooth.

To hold you over, and in keeping with the vacation theme, here's A LETTER FROM BARNEY TO ANDY...

Dear Andy:

It certainly is exciting up here in Raleigh. Really having a ball. My head hasn't hit the pillow before 11:15 since I got here. Catching all the shows. Saw that Italian picture that we read about in the paper, "Bread, Love and Beans," and it was plenty risque, let me tell you.

The food here in the cafeteria is teriffic, and I've been eating up a storm. The breakfast special is unbelievable: three hot cakes, two strips of bacon, one egg -- any style -- juice, and coffee, all for 35 cents. It's served only between 5:00 and 6:00 a.m., but I can't sleep anyway.

I ran into a fellow on the street the other day who tried to sell me an iron deer for my front lawn, but I don't know.

Well, it's almost 5:00, so I better get down to breakfast. Love to Aunt Bee, Opie, Floyd, Goober, and all the boys.

10-4, Over and Out,
Barney

P.S. I'm not saying anything, but there's an awful lot of pretty women up here. Ha ha.
-30-