Tuesday, November 13, 2007

T-Mail: If you're a squirrel, read this, and be careful...




(The squirrel pictured here, formerly a pitcher for the LSU baseball team, is not one of the squirrels mentioned below...)


From the T-Mail bag, in response to a column titled "City varmits bring out the animal in him," about a local hunter/home protector ticketed for shooting squirrels who were eating his house in the city limits...




I enjoyed your column on the "squirrel killer"...I am the momma of another Broadmoor shooter. My squirrel killer graduated from CE Byrd in May...

Around seven years ago I pulled into my carport and saw seven squirrels in various poses in the vacant spot next to mine. Some of the deceased were posed sitting up while others were laying on their stomachs with their little arms propped underneath. And out of the house came the killer just a proud as he could be for shooting them. I knew that my son's father had purchased him a pellet gun but I was unaware that he had brought it home. After I quit laughing and quickly disposed of each of the victims in a ziplock type bags and placed them in the trash can, I had to sit down and explain why this is wrong and that he could be arrested even as a fifth grader. I did have to admit he apparently had better aim than his parents.

I glad that your neighbor's pile went unnoticed. I guess he is smarter than a fifth grader but equally as proud.
-30-