(My notes from Sunday if you trust my note-taking. From Dr Chris at FBC Ruston.)
CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?
1. God Is Always Trying to Move Each of Us Into Closer Relationship With Him
2. Sometimes It Takes Extreme Measures to Get Our Attention
a. Certainly not all tragedies are from God. The Bible says we all die, and the Bible says it rains on the just and the unjust alike.
b. Satan is alive in a broken world
c. But some tragedies, God may have his hand in them.
* This is a literal story. Matthew 12:40-41, Jesus speaks of Jonah.
* "The Lord 'provided' a great fish..." (v. 17) Here 'provided' means 'prepared' or 'arranged' or 'planned.' ... God might be preparing a great fish for you....Or you might be in a Big Fish now....
* Romans 8:28 ... "God works all things for good to those who love him..."
3. Will You Hear/Obey God Now?
(2: 1-2) ...Jonah hears ...God keeps the heat on until we respond
4. The Fish Might Be More of a Provision than A Problem...
* What will it take for God to get your attention?