Tuesday, September 28, 2010

You Can't Make This Stuff Up...


My friend Other sent me this. It's a portion of the transcript from Monday night's press conference. Here LSU football coach Les Miles is speaking, for lack of a better term, on if he has received any negative feedback on his comments about the booing after the game Saturday…

“Not really. I don’t necessarily spend a lot of time with my ear to the phone. I’m not necessarily looking for reviews. I think those things are personal choices, and I guess I’m stuck this way. I’m a purest when it comes to sports. I always felt like when you step in between those white lines, it was without regard to race, creed or color, that any obvious advantages of station and life were lost and that those people who stepped in between those white lines played for score and competition, and any time you stepped onto the field with an opponent, you stepped onto the field his equal and not more than, and in fact your greatest accomplishment to your opponent would be the great effort that you would use to prepare and play that team. I’ve never in my life seen the reason to root negatively. I root strong for the team that I support.”


Uh.....what?

It will be a sad, sad day in my life when he is fired. I mean, you can't make this stuff up. You just can't. Bless his heart...