SUCCESS WITH SKUNKS AND LIFE IN GENERAL
How did Nehemiah -- and how do we -- survive life's skunk attacks?
1. INTROSPECTION: Am I dong what's right?
6: 1-8 ... opponents tried to distract Nehemiah with accusations and lies; Nehemiah did not begin to doubt himself ultimately (v8) -- "No such things as you say are being done...
* We won't be challenged UNTIL we decide to become a wall builder
2. BE SPIRITUALLY STRONG (v 9-14)
Nehemiah recognizes a false prophet who lies to him ... Because he is "prayed up," he can discern skunk attacks.
3. BE BUSY ABOUT THE RIGHT THINGS (2-3)
Satan wants to get you off course -- Nehemiah kept focus... "I am dong a great work, I cannot come down..."
4. FELLOWSHIP WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE
Nehemiah had the right people in his life for love, support and encouragement
5. DETERMINED (v 3)
Am I willing to do what God wants?
*Most of us stop at halfway (ILLUS: Three little boys asked a man who was raking if they could rake his yard. The man said, "But boys, I'm halfway through." And one of the boys said, "We know, but halfway is when people usually stop.")
* See things to victory, with God's help
* "If it is of God and God is in it, it's always, always, always too soon to quit."