Saturday, April 11, 2009

So I was reading something...

... that suggested we should remember that every person we see is "a person worth dying for."

Took a few minutes before I got it: the guy was saying we should remember that Jesus died for every person you see. Whether we like them or not.

And that if we remember that every person we see is a person worth dying for, we might treat them differently.

I've come out of a long spell of treating many people as objects. Sometimes strangers, sometimes those we know, sometimes those closest to us. Not good.

Everyone is a person worth dying for.

The guy went on to write to girls. Or dads of girls, big ones and little ones. And to the girls' dates. That each girl should remember that she is worth dying for, and make the guy treat her that way. And the guy should remember that too, and want to treat her that way. And if that's not happening, seeya.

This "worth dying for" stuff sets the bar high. Where it should be. Won't work if you don't work it though. I need to remember this and actually do it, so I felt I should write it down.