Friday, May 15, 2009

Another stupid POME?!

I like a pome/poem!

I dodged poetry for a while but am back in the game. Poetry involves some feeling, some emotion. Bring it on!

(And explain to me why I keep using exclamation points! I'm not usually an exclamation point person. Can't be because it's the weekend. Must be the poetry!)

Here's one of my favorite Robert Frost deals. (I like him because at least half his stuff rhymes and the ones that don't, I can still understand them.) The irreplaceable Dr. G, or The Flash as I sometimes call him -- (He used to be VERY fast!) -- turned me on to this one...

"Ah, when to the heart of man
Was it ever less than a treason
To go with the drift of things
To yield with a grace to reason
And bow and accept the end
Of a love or a season?"


Sweet lord, that's pretty! (There I go, exclamating again.) Thank you, Bobby Frost. That's good stuff.

Hope everybody has a fun weekend. Sure is a pretty day.