Thursday, April 12, 2012

Three No. 1 Draft Picks





These are three of the best people I have ever known. Favorites. Craig Durrett, Kathie Rowell and Mike "I Love the Saints, I Hate the Cowboys" Silva. This picture is from inside the newsroom at The Times in Shreveport today. This is the final week for this trio at the newspaper. The ol' -30- on the Times career...

We had a lot of fun in that room putting out the newspaper, and a lot of fun outside it too. Funny, I was outside the newspaper the most with Silva. Most of my time with Craig and Kathie was indoors. You've got to really like a person a lot when they are one of your favorites and you see them only at work, not at play. But they helped to make work fun. All three of these people made you better if you worked with them. I will miss their touch in the newspaper, and that hurts me; I'm selfish that way. I'll always have them as friends. This really is a trio that rocks. I will have to tell you more about them someday...

-30-