Friday, September 21, 2007

I have found my dog's sister...which is really strange



One of our dogs, Spot, who didn't have any spots, died a week ago Tuesday about midnight. I received this nice letter and pictures afterward. This dog, Abbie, looks just like her brother, Spot, only much cleaner. I wish -- as Mrs. Quinlan does -- that we had known this earlier so Spot and Abbie could have met as "adults." ...






Hello,

My name is Allison Quinlan and I read your article about your dog, Spot. I have Spot’s sister, Abbie! We adopted her from the Caddo animal shelter in May of 1995-she developed Parvo the next week and spent the next seven days at Dr. Core’s Animal Hospital. Luckily, she made it through and is the best dog ever! She truly is our first child. My husband and I have had four daughters since we got Abbie. She has been better than any full bred dog that I know! Abbie is in fairly good health, other than her osteoarthritis that she takes Rimadyl for each day! When I saw the picture of Spot in the paper, I couldn’t believe how much they look alike! I am sorry for your loss-I can’t imagine what it will be like for my family without our sweet Abbie-I do not look forward to that day! I am attaching a picture of Abbie and my youngest daughter, Ella Grace! What a small world it is!

Sincerely,

Allison Quinlan