2 Thess 1
* We need to let troubles make us better
Three words to look at from this text
1. Trust (v 3-4) "We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing. Therefore, among God’s churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring."
"your trust is growing exceedingly"
A. simple dependence on God
B. Faithfullness TO God
2. Love (v 3-4) "your love is increasing (or super abounding)"
3. Glorify ( v 11-12) "With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith. 12 We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ"
"so the name may be glorified (to bring positive attention to)"
* The devil attacks us through our pain so we'll bring shame to God's name. Instead, we want to bring fame-glory to God's name
* A good prayer to start the day: "God help me not to do anything that will bring shame to your today...Help me instead to bring fame to your name..."
* God says to let pain make you better, not bitter...