Part 1 in a series on 2 Thessalonians, by Chris Craig, FBC Ruston. These are my (fallible) notes ...
2 Thess 1:1-10
* We all experience suffering
* 2 Thessalonians was likely written 51 or 52 AD by Paul, several months after 1 Thessalonians. Thessalonica was a port city of 200,000 then, on the Aegean Highway...a progressive place ... this second letter to the new church there was a bit more harsh and firm than Paul's first
* Suffering is a part of life's ride
1. It's a part of life
v. 4 -- "persecutions" ... being pursued to be hurt
"trials" ... things pressing on you
2. Part of the Godly Life
Why is suffering (v. 5) a part of the godly life
Because your life might convict those who are causing you to suffer
Some people just don't like nice people
'Religious' people are going to be offended by true servants of Christ, as they were offended by Christ
The devil attacks the godly
3. Part of Being a Godly Church
Satan hates the God-centered church
4. God Will Even The Score Some Day
v 6 ... 'God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you...
God evens the score here and now too...Gal 6:7 -- ''Be not deceived, God is not mocked...''
God evens the score in eternity
God is paying attention, He is not confused...
God will judge perfectly and justly and at the perfect time