(from Chris Craig, pastor, FBC Ruston -- these are my notes)
STEP UP DAD!
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. 17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,[a] just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”
Jesus can do great thing for you and for everyone else
1. God's Power is Mighty, vs. 16
* Power = inherent, within himself
* The gospel is the power of God
* We all need the power for God, "the power for salvation," to save, to forgive...
2. God Can Make You Right With Him Forever... (v 17)
* righteous = justified = to be made right
3. If We Believe (v 17)
* Faith -- a placing of my life into His hands
4. Dads And All, Live Loudly for Christ
"I am not ashamed of the gospel..."
Paul, writing to the greatest city in the world, of a Jewish carpenter from a conquered city in a counquered country, proclaims he is not ashamed.
5. It's Natural If You Really Know Him, and ...
6. It's Part of the Deal --
*Salvation is personal but not private. (Luke 12: 8-9 ... "Whoever owns me, I acknowledge..."
7. We've Got What The World Needs
A swimmer can/has power to save somone who is drowning. We have the power to share the saving grace of the gospel.
*Think of what you can do for people ... We have the cure for what people suffer from; we have what people need.
*When we live loudly, our influence can be immense
* "The greatest thing I have ever found is in Christ; I'd like you to find Him too."