(notes from July 24 pm, Dr. Chris, FBC Ruston)
Exodus 3 and 4
God asks Moses to lead the people out of captivity. Moses not very excited about it! And says no. At first ....
1. God Will Lead Us To Do Some Things that Seem Impossible
Ex 3:10 God: "Lead my people"
Ex 4:10, 13 Moses: "Send someone else!"
Like Moses, the first thing WE see is the problem or problems, when God asks us to do anything.
2. Wherever He Leads, He'll Enable
* Ex 4:11 -- God, "Who created man?" God has the tools He'll give us to succeed, and the power (v 12).
* NEVER is it about you and me; it's always about God
Luke 18:27 -- "What is impossible with men is possible with God."
3. Our Part: Find His Will and Follow. How?
a. Closeness: Rom 12: 1-2 "offer yourself a living sacrifice...'' Get close to Christ
b. Faith: Ex 4:10 "Lord, I'm slow..." Moses is scared. BUT, Ex. 4: 18 "Moses WENT..."
Prov 3: 5 "Trust in the Lord...Lean not unto your own understanding..."
Heb 11:6 -- "Without faith, it is impossible to please God..He rewards those who earnestly seek Him..."It's ok to shake and be scared, but remember that The Rock never moves.
c. Victory - Moses is an example of the victory Christians win in God's steps each day