Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hanging in there...

My dad had 12 hours of heart surgery Friday in Atlanta. He's OK, sedated and all, but he should be off the respirator by now. He's not. But, considering he's 73 and was in surgery a half day, the nurses say this is not normal but at the same time not surprising. They are going to try again tomorrow to get him off the respirator, see if he can start breathing for himself.

This morning they asked about him in Sunday school and I said he wasn't off the "ventilator" yet. I just a second ago realized I'd said that. As if they were airing out my dad. Which he might need. I don't know. But I DO know he needs to breathe for himself, and I appreciate the good thoughts many of you are holding for him.

My big sis came home yesterday and my little sis is there now, so we have one of our very best people on the scene. Please hold a good thought for both of them. Thank you... I'll update when I know more. I imagine nothing will change before tomorrow.