Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wiley's behind hurts, but Cubs beat Braves 3-2 in 11

(FROM KATE) 9:45 Wed Nite

Hi Friends,

Wiley has had a good day...progressed from face mask oxygen to a nose tube, had a real meal this evening, is sitting in a chair, and of course charming his nurses.
He looks pretty good and is in very little pain. Biggest pain is sitting up for long periods and experiencing a sore backside.
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers, I relay all your conversations and notes to him and it has made him feel good.

*******

This is me. Rain here. Hit the daily double tonight. Ate supper at the Protestant church then, since it was raining and I couldn't really stay outside, went to see Angels and Demons. Very Papal. Haven't seen that many Cardinals in one place since I was in Busch Stadium. It was a good show. I realize that's not a very comprehensive review; I'm just sleepy.