Monday, June 22, 2009

Quotes and Notes

"That's one thing about possum innards:
they's just as good the second day."
-- Jed Clampett
***
Met about 100 fishermen Friday night. Great guys. Don't know who won the Saturday tournament but my compliments to the chef on the fish-frying Friday night.
***
Read and wrote and cleaned a lot and walked a million miles Saturday in the heat. Sweet. Almost died, but still ... Watched Miss Louisiana on the television Saturday night and am getting better at this. Picked the Top 3 when they announced the Top 5. Had to juggle my picks after the On-Stage Question. Nailed it. I was the winner, winner chicken dinner. (OK, I didn't grind it, but I watched it closely enough to figure out who was going to win and all. It was easy after Ed asked them the question. I've figured out that the answer to the Q&A is huge. Can be a deal breaker. I think. Like I actually know anything...)
***
Scored a free steak after church Sunday and all I had to do for it was carry a new plasma TV from a van to a happy dad's living room. Blue Bell ice cream was also involved. Then drove to Shreveport and hugged my son, who was meandering around various naked Grand Prairie WartHogs at the time, a story in itself. Then drove back. Just like that. But much worth it. I'm proud of him and it was so good to see him, gainfully employed and carrying on and smiling and looking healthy and good. And I heard from lots of nice people and called or texted lots of dads. And still, it was a Father's Day with empty spots in it for sure. Big ones. Can't deny that. But it was a good day, and I'm thankful for it.
***
I can't really get a color combo that works for me on this blog and that hurts me. Need help.
***
Happy Summertime.