Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Whoa!

Sick as a dog yesterday with something that might have been a brain tumor. I think the weekend's events -- trivia game until late Friday night, driving to Georgia in the middle of the night to see daddy, not getting much sleep, working Monday -- caught up with me. I don't try to cram that much stuff into such a little bitty time anymore, but it worked out and Georgia really was needed and fun; so glad I went. For whatever reason, it's when I was supposed to go, if that makes any sense. And I'm better today and hopefully will not miss my next scheduled start.



Catching up at work. So here is some ee cummings to help get you through the day. For a guy who refused to use Big Letters, ee could still take over a game. This is one of my favorites of his. Some people think poetry is stupid. I don't think it is. If you're not familiar with it, hang in there with this one for a minute; if you do, I think you'll like it.





i carry your heart with me


i carry your heart with me (i carry it in



my heart) i am never without it (anywhere



i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done



by only me is your doing, my darling)


i fear



no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want



no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)



and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant



and whatever a sun will always sing is you


here is the deepest secret nobody knows



(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud



and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows



higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)



and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart


i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)



-- ee cummings